Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Spinning Your Stress Away

Image result for spinning class



 “Just five more minutes” I kept thinking as I am pedaling faster and faster on my spinning bike and then it was all over my reaction “wow! I feel great.” This I have to say, is what I look forward to redoing every time I have an opportunity during the week. As I reminisce back on my younger years on how the benefits of being physically active helped me refresh myself after a long day at work. I thought of how difficult it has been nowadays to reconnecting with those hobbies due to work and family responsibilities that can consume you. For this reason, I believe that having some type of physical activity in your weekly regiment such as: yoga, bike riding, pilates can help you regroup and refocus on the goals you have for the week. Think about it as a restart button for your body!
 

Vocabulary
  • reaction (noun)--response, answer, reply
  • redoing (verb)--doing something again or differently
  • physically (noun)--pertaining to the body
  • refresh (verb)--revive, restore
  • reconnecting (verb) --connect back together, put back together
  • responsibilities (noun) --authority, control
  • regroup (verb) -- reassemble into organized groups again, rearrange
  • refocus (verb)--attention
  • restart (noun) -- start again, new beginning
 
Vocabulary Exercise:

Fill in the blanks with the correct vocabulary word.

  1. Tommy had a ___________________to the food he had last night.
  2. She is _______________her anniversary next year so she needs to get _______________active to loose all her weight before the big day. 
  3. After bike riding I feel so ______________________.
  4. As a parent you have many __________________ with your children.
  5.  The team had to ___________________after the they lost the last game.
  6. Ann had to __________________her attention to the other group in the room. 
  7. I had to ______________________the car again due to the cold weather
 
Grammar Point: In the English grammar a prefix re- comes at the beginning of a word and means again
Grammar Assignment: Write seven sentences utilizing the prefix re- vocabulary words, I have provided within the passage you just read.


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It is so hard to get back in the habit of exercising. I like to ride my bike. I think of it almost every day, but I don't do it.
    I like your grammar point especially. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this post has a positive point of view on exercising. Although I am not a fan of spin, I do agree that it is important to include exercise throughout the week. It makes a huge impact on my physical and mental health. I like that your grammar point and vocabulary words relate.

    ReplyDelete